Job Start Date:01/03/2022Type of Position:Full Time AP
Number of Openings:1Wage/Salary:$Per Week
Job Location & Contact:
301 West Fulton - Suite 210
Job Description:• Plan and coordinate conferences and events for University and non-University groups. Provide direct contact with conference coordinators of the University and outside organizations.
• Schedule and coordinate conference/event logistics, including food service, audiovisual, and room set up.
• Serve as an event liaison, meeting with clients and providing support to clients during events; serve as the manager on duty providing supervision of support staff during events.
• Process and provide oversight for all assigning events which do not require site familiarization by the client or actual event site management as follows.
• Obtain all pertinent information relative to the event.
• Determine suitability of the event for the University considering date, program, and University and department policies.
• Follow through with reservations and clearance (if needed) for use of facilities with appropriate personnel.
• Finalize assigned event logistics, identify special needs, and confer with the Client Services Manager or Director of Conference Planning & Hospitality Services when required.
• Be thoroughly knowledgeable with all campus facilities and of all policies, personnel, and departments which impact the use/rental of facilities.
• Determine and communicate anticipated service needs, including food service, audio-visual, security, and any special set-up arrangements with office colleagues, Public Safety, and Media Services.
• Respond to inquiries for informational materials, formatting customized proposal letters to accompany promotional materials.
• Coordinate and provide site visits for meeting planners, event contacts.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with University and non-University clients; effectively use interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse range of constituencies, exhibit excellent customer service skills.
• Monitor and inspect banquet menu items and complete an event evaluation form as Manager on duty.
• Requisition and closely monitor alcohol service during scheduled shifts.
• Perform “hands-on” activities as needed, including set up, service, and teardown of related services.
• Other duties as assigned
Experience Required:Required Qualifications and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree required, hospitality, hotel/restaurant management, or related field a plus.
• Supervisory/management experience in customer service preferred hotel or conference center experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to independently organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance record. Proficient in the use of personal computers and software applications
How to Apply:Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline:Oct 31, 2022